Thursday 13 October 2011

Top Five Fictional Characters, Part 1

So I figured that I'd start this blog by posting picspams to appreciate my top five fictional characters from the various fandoms I'm part of. Characters can make or break a fandom in my opinion, and I've discovered some amazing ones throughout my fangirling days, so I'm excited to share my top five with you!

TOP FIVE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

#5 - Megara (Hercules)


***Click image for full size***

I love a lot of characters from the Disney Classics, but Meg has always been  a standout for me. There are so many stereotypes that circulate about the Disney princesses: how they depend on men, how they're damsels in distress, how they don't have personalities of their own, etc. I'm not saying I believe all of them, or even any of them (I do like quite a few of the other Disney princesses, particularly Belle and Jasmine), but no matter what you say, you can't argue any of those things about Meg. Meg is potentially the most flirtatious Disney character, but she does not depend on men by any means. She sold her soul to Hades to save someone she loved, but the bad results of that deal have left her with a "men suck" attitude, and my favourite quote of her's is "Sometimes it's better to be alone... Nobody can hurt you." 

Meg is a good actress who is capable of holding her own against Hercules, Phil, Hades, Pegasus, you name it. She's sarcastic, funny, and does what she can to help the people she cares about.

No comments:

Post a Comment